Originally Posted By: caprese
Little_Frankie,

Not to sound like a broken record here, but what are your thoughts on Paul Decologero. I grew up in the burbs and worked out at his gym and there seemed to be some serious activity going on there.

First let me say that I didn't know him or anyone around him. everything I know I heard from guys who did know him. He had his own crew of drug pushers and thieves. They went around the north shore robbing every drug dealer and intimidating them all. It probably looked like a mafia crew because that's how he had it set up but i assure you he wasn't made and they didn't engage in any other LCN activities, just drugs. I do believe he had a connection to the renegade faction but that doesn't mean shit. They were mostly disguising their shakedown as friendship because he had a revenue stream and they needed it. When Bobby "Russo" and Vinny Ferrara went away there were no more "made guys" in the renegade crew. The only renegade members left were drug addicts like Gigi and Ponzo which was probably his connection.........drugs. That's as close as he got to in town and that's not that close. He was surrounded by little wannabe gangsters with their mafia starter kit gold chains and wife beater t shirts so I'm sure he looked legit from the outside but from what I was always told, he was nothing more than a drug dealer with money and a supply chain.