Originally Posted By: olivant
Kly/DT: what do you think of the state trying to get the bench's approval for additional included charges at this late date. I've never heard of such. How can the defense have had any chance to respond to a charge that is added only after testimony?

IMHO it is reversable error if he is convicted of the lesser charge. The state should have included the lesser included offenses from the beginning, and I think there are serious due process and fundamental fairness issues if the jury comes back with manslaughter.

For those of us who live in Tampa Bay or Orlando or Miami, the greatest horror on earth is to be forced to go to someplace like Sanford because of the idiots on the bench and their idiot local lawyers, as we all can see in this case.

Obviously they don't understand the basic rules of evidence, let alone trial procedure. There is also not a sciintilla of decent judicial temperament.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."