I bought "Rogue Mobster" and started reading it last night. I'm about half through it and I can confirm that this kid is full of SHIT! He claims Bulger grabbed him and beat him in a basement because he was pushing coke in Southie. He says Bulger tells him never to show his face again. That story sounded great before the trial but we now know that the legend of Bulger kicking drugs out of Southie was a lie. He shook them all down and was the biggest drug pusher of them all. So that tells me that that story is bullshit. My bullshit meter also pegged when he claims that he blew off a meeting with Spucky Spagnolo after Spucky told people he wanted to work with Mark because "he was the only kid in the north end with balls". I'm not a name dropper but I know the parties involved here and I can tell you this NEVER happened. Furthermore, Spucky has balls bigger than batman and he would never heap those praises on a punk kid from Medford. However, if you still believe this part of the story the next tid bit should convince you he's a liar. If he ever blew off Spucky he would never show his face again. You don't get more old school than Spuck. He's been around since the beginning and when a guy like that calls, first of all, no one knows about it except you and him and second of all, you don't blow him off.

There is so much more that is bullshit but I don't have the time to type it all out. Let me just say that I have checked with a few people I know who he spoke directly about in the book and none of them ever remember even meeting this kid. He was probably some groupie hanger on who wrote a book based on stories he heard or things he saw and then embellished the shit out of it.

Last edited by Little_Frankie; 07/11/13 10:56 AM.