Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: Lilo
You have to have a pretty warped view of the world to think that an armed grown man following, confronting and then shooting an unarmed child wasn't the aggressor.

Trayvon was no "thug". He wasn't breaking into homes. He wasn't doing anything other than going home to his father. And the justification for using self-defense in the state of Florida does not apply to the person who provokes the attack.

I wouldn't expect any other kind of response from you. You are so blinded by your liberal viewpoints you can't see anything objectively anymore. Trayvon (hardly a child) attacked Zimmerman. Not the other way around. It was Trayvon who turned it physical and was acting like a thug. Zimmerman was being overzealous but he didn't "provoke" anything. As much as it may piss you off, that's what the evidence has shown. As I said before, involuntary manslaughter but not 2nd degree murder.

Right. Zimmerman claimed that Martin jumped out of the bushes and said "You're going to die tonight, homie". Not only does that sound like someone who has been watching too many The Wire reruns but there were no bushes.

But in your world an armed bully may follow someone and question his right to be in a neighborhood and then kill him...as long as that someone happens to be black.He's probably a thug anyway. I mean that's what the person who killed him said. Let's ignore the fact that Zimmerman told Hannity that he had never heard of Florida's Stand Your Ground law while Zimmerman's professor testified that they covered that law in their class. Let's ignore bullet trajectory evidence which doesn't fit Zimmerman's claims.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.