Originally Posted By: Skinny
Originally Posted By: leftygun62
Originally Posted By: Skinny
Originally Posted By: DB
I think u read somewhere that the Chin was a consigliere at some point in the 70's

Does anyone know what were his income drivers that made him such a big earner

He really was one of the top gangster in NY as you never heard a peep about him yet he was such a money powerhouse . His strength is still being felt today on the genovese family today IMO

Lots of dope. Put the dope money on the street. Lots of debts and lots of favors
owed. He was a master politician. Just like the men he was schooled by and the ones who have succeeded him. He was a master manipulator, something he learned from vito. He could create friction between two crews if he didnt trust them. Unions/construction, he more inherited thru his crew. Not saying he was a slouch, just that wasnt his thing. He was a natural leader and had more experience and lessons than anyone else. Heavy fucking hitter too. They talk like gotti or casso was trigger happy but look how many ppl chin took out.

Skinny, was the dope dealing early on in his career only? I don't remember any guys close to him later on that were involved with it

Until the mid 80s as far as i know. Most the guys he put into that business are straightened out guys now. Mostly into the trades/union shit. Their idea of retirement haha

Very interesting stuff. seems like his "deal dope & die" edict was a way to suppress competition.