Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: yankees127
I am sure Pizzaboy will agree being he comes from the same neighborhood.

I've posted about the duality of Vinny's nature several times in the past, both here and on the other boards. To be honest, a lot of mob guys have that very same dual nature. No one is all good or all bad. I'm sure that even Hitler smiled at a cute baby every now and then.

I lived in close proximity to Vinny and his family for many years. Many people here know that, a couple of you have even been to my home. The Bascianos lived on Revere and Schurz for many years. We live on the water as well. And yes, Vinny is a very charming and likeable guy, especially for a guy so deeply enmeshed in that life. And it's true that he always had a soft spot for the people in this neighborhood (which I always found a bit weird because he grew up in Yonkers, but that's neither here nor there).

But that certainly doesn't excuse him from his crimes. No one is saying that. You kill people, you go to jail, no matter what your reason was. So yes, he belongs in prison, but he doesn't belong in the terrorist wing with the Taliban. He ain't Osama bin Laden, and he ain't all bad.

As far as him hurting "innocent" people, that's not for me to say. I'm sure some would disagree. But if you're dumb enough top get wrapped up in that life, and you fuck up, then it's on you.

I haven't picked up the book yet. I'll probably be over in Co-Op City tomorrow to do some shopping, so I'll probably stop by the Barnes and Noble to pick it up. I'll post a review when I'm finished reading it.

I picked up a copy at the store up there as well. Was only 1 copy on shelves when I went.