Originally Posted By: caprese
Hey Joe. I know how you feel about Paul from prior posts. Was just wondering if you think the account given in rogue mobster about him is correct. That infact Paul was leading the renegades and if he could have possibly been either a made Lucchese guy or was to be made if the war was won?? Or do you think the Luccheses where using him to fight for them and keep their hands clean and make him fish food after all is said and done? I know you don't care for the guy, but it's just something i'm curious about as he and his crew were running shit in the town I grew up and many considered him a powerful mobster. Thanks my friend.

we know that the rogue mobster is bullshit if it saying that paulie was the renegade leader because everyone knows thats big time bullshit. It was frank salemme and his cohorts waring against ferrara,bobby corrazzo, j.r russo and his their underlings and it was mostly bobby russo and j.r russo underlings in eastie doing the dirty work. the luccheses would never make him because they would ask people in boston about him and no one would vouch for the guy. He is not a significant factor in any terms for them to vouch for him and he knows nobody. His drug dealing at the fast rate he was dealing was obvious and he wasnt respected amongst the people that mattered period. Yea he maybe a powerful guy there in quite burlington but he was never a guy In Town or in eastie/revere. I dont even think he ever came In Town for a damn pizza or a card game. The closest he ever reached was eastie and thats because he had junk to push over there to the junkie's like rossetti. His role was so small in that war that if one day I wanted to take a ride with my good friend rico or gigi or ralphie and actually planned a hit i played a bigger part than paulie did lmaol that how insignificant he was

raymond l.s.patrairca sr to u.s. state committee- " if i didnt have my case coming up ill to come back in here with two gentlemen and when this is over with and really lay down the law, yous guys been giving me nothing but alot of hookwhick and i wish i wasnt on trial and have this case and really tell the united states whats going on "
Jerry Anguilo on wartime with winter hill - " If we got to war we got Joe Russo and the maverick boys so we have nothing to worry about they can go to vietnam and come back untouched "