its been disputed that johnson was a member of the dc blacks gang considering the fact that he is from philadelphia, but i believe he was assiciated with them in

some form or another because i have seen his name in the aryan brotherhood fib files as a dc black. It said something along the lines of " a dc black member named walter johnson assaulted a white inmate". About a year after the gotti assault i believe the aryans kicked off another war with the dcs.
You guys should read this interview with convict robert russo he goes into todays aryan brotherhood inside fed prisons. I think i have posted it up before.
http://www.gorillaconvict.com/todays-aryan-brotherhood-by-robert-rosso/
Quote:
At least that’s the reason they gave the Dirty White Boys. The truth of the matter is that the Bureau officials had the Aryan Brotherhood on “indeterminate SHU status,” meaning they had no immediate plans to release The Brand from the Control Units and could basically leave them there as long as they deemed the gang was a “threat to the safety and security of the Federal Bureau of Prisons.” But if the ABs could manage to pull off a merger with a gang on the mainlines, especially a gang the size of the Dirty White Boys, it would make no sense for prison officials to keep them locked down if there were 300-plus new recruits running around out in the general population institutions. For the Aryan Brotherhood, it was a strategic move designed to get them out of their tiny prison cells.
But the Dirty White Boys weren’t going for it. They knew The Brand was desperate to get out of the Control Units and they knew The Brand was only trying to use them. And if they did agree to such a merger and The Brand did get out of Marion and ADX, the DWBs also knew that it would be only a matter of time before the commission ordered the gang to attack the D.C. Blacks. They were completely obsessed with kicking off a full-scale racial war with these particular prisoners and the Dirty White Boys wanted no part of it. They were just fine with The Brand staying right where they were at — in Marion and ADX.

To get back on topic, respect is a different thing to power. Power in prison comes in numbers and connections. For example say if a mob guys got a good drug connect and is able to smuggle stuff, if he alligns himself with a powerful gang inside that prison be they black, white or hispanic he has put himself in a powerful position. respect on the other hand can just be anyone who stands up for themselves and shows no fear or even just someone who is notorious on the outside, doesnt make them powerful just means that they are not seen as a target.