Originally Posted By: Chicago
Snakes, Good info. So, what you're tellimg me is that DiFronzo could have been tried in the Family Secrets Case for taking part in the Spilotro Brothers Murder in 1986, and if he was acquitted, They could try him again for the same thing if more evidence was found at a later time for Conspiracy to murder. Am I correct?

If so, that strengthens the belief that DiFronzo and the Feds have reached some kind of understanding. Maybe He agreed to retreat with his men and that was it. Maybe there's a little more to it? Very interesting.

So, the bottom line is that the Feds really HAD NOTHING TO LOSE by indicting DiFronzo. Am I Correct in understanding your posting? What is the source of your Legal information if you don't mind me asking?

Well, Joe Massino was basically tried twice for the three capos murder: The first time for conspiracy to murder (which he beat) and the second time for the actual murder (which he was found guilty of). I don't have any legal proof other than the two trials, but here is a link to an article on Tommy Shots Gioeli which essentially deals with the same thing:

http://bitterqueen.typepad.com/friends_o...deral-cour.html

In his particular case, it involves murder charges being brought up in federal racketeering charges after he had already been tried (and acquitted) in state court for the same murders.

What you say about DiFronzo could have happened, although opposite from what Massino experienced. Perhaps a jury wouldn't have found enough evidence to convict him for participating in the actual murders but a case could still have been potentially made for him participating in a conspiracy to murder Tony and Michael.

Last edited by Snakes; 07/02/13 07:20 AM.

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."