Originally Posted By: Chicago
Thanks Cheech. Jonnynonos & I have the right idea about the Outfit in 2013.
I can make a good argument either way about Johnny DiFronzo being a dry snitch. I am going to ask my father's former crimimal attorney's office a legal question.
The question is this: If the Government had indicted DiFronzo in the Family Secrets Case and he had been found 'not guilty', could the Government try him again concerning the same thing or would that constitute Double Jeopardy?

Not specifically for taking part in the Spilotro brothers murder but they could have potentially tried him again for conspiring to murder the Spilotros. IIRC, Joe Massino's lawyers argued the same thing after he beat the initial conspiracy rap in the three capos murder before being tried again for the actual murder later on - which he would be found guilty of. Conceivably, the same could have been done for DiFronzo had he been acquitted in the Family Secrets trial.

The main difference between the two was that substantial evidence surfaced in the nearly twenty years between Massino's two trials while we know about as much as we are probably going to know about the Spilotros' demise.

Last edited by Snakes; 07/01/13 11:19 PM.

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."