Originally Posted By: Chicago
The Article was written in May 2001, not 2003. That was 12 years ago! Actually the article helps prove Ivy's point.
It's quite possible the Detroit Mafia has decreased from 30 made guys down to 20 twelve years later.
But, if you want to believe the Detroit Mafia is in as good of shape as they were 12 years ago, then so be it. It's not worth debating.

Yeah, leave it to louieb to miss the point (as usual).

First, the question was whether the Detroit family had made any new members recently, i.e. in the last few years, which Scott had said has claimed. And, for the record, I never disputed such a possibility but simply wanted to see more concrete evidence. Though, that said, I certainly do doubt that the Detroit family is making new guys is big numbers.

Also, notice how that 2001 article said the family was being kept at about 30 members, i.e. about the same size as the 1996 bust 5 years previously. So, we now have a good idea of the Detroit mob's size in both 1996 and 2001. Does anyone (besides louieb) really believe the family has shot up in membership over the past decade from 30 members to 40, 50, even 60 members as Scott has claimed or his charts have shown?

Finally, you'll notice that the basic thrust of the article was that the Detroit family was in decline even back then. But louieb, going years back on the Real Deal forum, always reads what he wants to while ignoring what he doesn't.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 06/30/13 06:44 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.