Originally Posted By: southend
Originally Posted By: caprese
Yup the Paul thing is confusing. He could've been a sleeper capo for the Lucchesse's made in jail for all we know and the NE LCN would still think of him as a punk wannabe drug dealer. Oh and Ray, everyone respects Ray. It was not his fault what happened in that house in Medford. That slimy fuck Mercurio.. That could've been anybody. If they didn't all get pinched, Ray would've had Mercurio thrown in the river within a week.

A sleeper capo for the Lucchese's I don't see that, I've never heard of that happening before

Ya sleeper capo was a wrong choice of words, sounds stupid, I know. What I meant is perhaps he was made by the Luchesses' but the NE LCN didn't want to acknowledge the legitimacy, because they all thought he was just some punk. But the fact that many associated guys were under him and sit downs were done at hi gym where major decisions were made, confuses me. He seemed to have even more respect and power of any made soldier, you would've thought he was a capo. And in my thoughts this is what he was being groomed to be by his New York friends when the smoke cleared. I dunno, I just can't help but think he was made, since most Vinny's guys reported to him after he died and so many associated guys needed his permission to make moves. Weird stuff!