Originally Posted By: olivant
Kly and DT: in what order do you think it's best to present forensics evidence, ballistics evidence, and witness testimony?

Also, what are court rules regarding counsel approaching a witness?

I do not do criminal law, but in general if I have to put on expert witnesses, and if their testimony is on the dry side, I will sandwich them between a
witness or two who has something to say right up to whatever the expert is going to say, and then try to be as brief as possible with the experts, because I am never certain juries pay attention to them anyway..usually its just to make a record.

As for approaching witnesses it varies, from what I have seen from judge to judge. If I need to hane a document to a witness or otherwise approach, I always ask for permission to do so. If I have to go over something in wiriting with a witness I also ask permission to do that. Most courts do not allow lawyers to get into the witnesses faces during testimony. In some Federal Courts lawyers are NEVER allowed to leave the podium, and marshalls take the documents to the witnesses.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."