Originally Posted By: DB
Ivy and Chi , I agree that most mob $ figures are exaggerated, especially the gambling as the Feds use the bet amount as the income, but I never read about $40m being kicked up to Gambino adm for the Internet scams

As I've pointed out many times before, the figures quoted in gambling cases are almost always in reference to the amount wagered over the length of the investigation; sometimes averaged out for an annual total. Not the net profit.

Quote:
That is a ridiculous amount of $, do you know who got that? JR, Cozzo ?

Prosecutors allege that Richard Martino, a Gambino “soldier,” directed the scheme and paid $8 million of the proceeds directly to Locascio, the leader of his “crew,” and funneled at least $40 million more into Gambino family coffers.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/6928696/ns/us_...d/#.UczYfjvku_U

Quote:
Between the gasoline and Internet scam , I just don't understand why these guys didn't retire to FL . Some of these guys might have got $10m+ tax free personally . You need to be a genious just to move that amount of $ around

It seems Tore may have done just that (retired to Florida).

Quote:
The gas scam happened on Gotti and Chin watch , I just wish I had more details on what these guys did with their cash . Between those 2 scams , up to a $100m might have been kicked up between west side and gambinos . The $ amount is just staggering and their families should be rich to this day, but it doesn't seem like they are . Those scams alone could of made all members millionaires, no reason to get into drugs with how lucrative these rackets were . That Locasio kid is something , I wouldn't be surprised if he cleared $50-75M for that scam alone , I hear he is retired but I also here he has some activity in FL

The money from the gas tax scam was likely spread out over many people. You look at Chin's family, they're all well off. Junior Gotti isn't hurting for cash. Nor are the Persicos.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.