Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: klydon1
Since 1888. More than a dozen times since 1888 the Supreme Court has recognized marriage as a fundamental right. It's nothing less than that. It is among the most intimate and personal choices a person makes and is central to the liberty guaranteed by the 14th Amendment. It's substantive due process, a vital Constitutright. I'd advise you to familiarize yourself with it.

Uh...then why did this country outlaw polygamy? Isn't that form a marriage a fundamental right, especially considering it has a first amendment basis with freedom of religion?

Bottom line, when it comes to the kind of marriage you like, you're quick to invoke the Constitution (though it doesn't apply and should be left up to the states). When it's not the kind you like, you don't make a peep. If this had been a polygamist marriage case going to the Supreme Court, instead of a gay marriage case, you and a lot of others here would have been arguing against polygamist marriage and saying there was no Constitutional basis for it. Your hypocrisy is so transparent it's not even funny.

I could give a flying horse turd who wants to marry who, as long as those involved are consenting adults. That includes polygamy. I will admit that I think polygamy is weird, but only to the extent that I'm unable to understand why any man would wanna subject himself to more than one woman. One woman is more than enough for me, let me tell ya!

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis