Originally Posted By: klydon1
A day after he announced to the world that he had been cleared to resume playing baseball again by his treting physician, Alex Rodriguez now made a 180 degree turn and stated that he can not play. Of course, this followed a profanity laced tirade by Yankee GM Cashman, in which he denied the medical finding and that A-Rod should shut the f*** up.

The Yankees are riled because if they could show that his injury endures through the balance of his contract, they can recoup 80% of the tens of millions they will have paid him. If he comes back and is suspended for PEDs for 100 games, which is likely, they can't recoup.

However, if a reimbursement claim is made on his injury, we may now expect the underwriters to deny the claim and perhaps accuse the yankees and A-Rod of collusion or fraud.

Meanwhile my Phillies are struggling below .500 but Yankee scouts have been in Philly with their eyes on Chase Utley, Carlos Ruiz and Michael Young for possible July trades. The Orioles and Blue Jays, which appear to have more to offer, have also looked at Utley and Young. And word is that Papelbon will go back to the Red Sox in a trede unless the Tigers come up with a bigger package.

And the biggest chip the Phillies have is Cliff Lee, who is having a terrific year. He might be headed to Baltimore or Boston with Papelbon.

As a Yankee fan, I'm sick and tired of all of this A-Rod drama. This guy's ALWAYS in the news and it's ALWAYS for the wrong reasons. His contract can't expire soon enough.

As for Cliff Lee, I'd LOVE to see the Yankees get him but he's got a no trade clause to a number of teams. The Yankees, Red Sox and Rangers are just a few of them.

Wouldn't it be funny if Papelbum got traded back to Boston after leaving there?