Thanks Southend.

I actually read that. I agree it was an excellent book. I remember that there was a Paul D chapter which reaffirmed what I thought about Paul. I lived near Burlington and was around the scene when all that was going down. I worked out at Paulie Boys and there was word around the gym that Paul was really the boss of the renegades although not made. This always kind of stumped me. Perhaps he was made by the Lucchesse but the Patriarca faction didn't really know about it? Also JoeRusso claims he was just a wannabee???? It was a confusing time in the mid 90's though...It seemed that the power was up for grabs and everyone wanted a piece. And Silverman himself claims that Paul D was the renegade boss not just a small player in the war.

But again, Although Silverman's book was very entertaining, i'm not sure of how much of it I can believe. I really doubt he was made and he could have also been confused on who held the power in the renegades as maybe he was lower on the scale than he claims he was. Also, Paul was a very intimidating big tough dude and was feared by many in the area. He exuded this aura of an old school cosa nostra. He always talked about bringing things back to the old ways and when the jailed bosses get released in a few years, things are going to be set straight...Now i'm not sure if this was talk as to play the part or if this was real deal talk...But Paul looked the part of a classic Italian gangster and had some balls of titanium to go head to head with the north end...But, Perhaps Mark was mislead by Paul's ruthlessness and respect that he commanded and was under the impression that he was a bigger player in the war than he really was....I hope someone on here has some deeper insight....It was an intriguing time in my life...The atmosphere at that gym before the raid was serious greaseball shit...So many questions!!!lol

Last edited by caprese; 06/27/13 03:06 PM. Reason: spelling