Used one of my movies passes to catch NOW YOU SEE ME with Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harleson, Jesse Eisenberg, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, etc. This has been out for awhile, but this has had good legs at the box-office, quietly inching its way to $100 million mainly based off good audience word of mouth.

I can see why. This is a good fun heist film, if not necessarily a memorable or remarkable one. I'm reminded of THE ITALIAN JOB remake with Mark Wahlberg that it excites you in the moment but afterwards the power fades away, but still solid matinee escapism.

The Tom & Jerry antics with FBI Ruffalo trying to stop (and fallng quite short) this team of magicians committing robberies during their stage shows certainly gave me a smile and gave me a fond reminder of Lupin III (specifically THE CASTLE OF CAGLIOSTRO) where the fun isn't being an accomplice to a crime and get away with it, but watching to see how exactly the thieves will outwit and escape the authorities while humiliating them.

Of course like most heist films, you have to accept some logical jumps and character decisions and maybe one or two plot elements (at least) don't quite make sense in reflection but that's pretty much a given.