Bruno wasn't a rat. You know, even if I had my personal doubts, I wouldn't even contribute to rumor because I have a lot of respect for the rest of his family who are still around, not mobsters just good Italian people.

Originally Posted By: mike68
A lot of great info here, good stuff. SouthEnd, did Arilotta flipping (and Tranghese for that matter) have as much of an impact on the area that we are led to believe? It seems that AA and those two dunce brothers he palled around with really screwed things up down there. Or is it still somewhat business as usual except more low profile? Are the Manzi's active in the area?

Of course it screwed things up as far as they'r own personal operations. But for the bookies, business/stripclub owners and drug dealers and whatnot that were paying these guys, Springfield at the street level has been relatively tranquil. The Manzi's to be honest, if they have an actual crew I personally am not able to name any guys other than the Manzi's themselves but that means nothing - they'r serious guys and they shoot first plus they have money and respect, and been around for years. Arillotta was indeed a clown. Freddy Geas and Ty Geas, were not. The Geas (jee-iss) brothers are or were as tough and feared as you've ever heard they were. For Christ sake in a LCN trial besides the acting boss these two Greeks were the only two who stood up and took life bids on the chin.

Originally Posted By: pmac
yep delevo you know anything about that guy, never heard about the guy guess that was good on his part? was only capo for 2 3 yrs. the guy carlo in Worcester kinda had his on thing going down to ny a lot and all over new England, the country, died about 3 yrs ago drove a caddy I think to the end or maybe a big Lincoln he was a money maker all those guys. Bruno just got f'd by that fed, Im surprised his family didn't go after the wrongfull death lawsuit they had it made. fusco's presentencing report they screwed up on, that's as wrongfull as it gets. he died over that mistake.

Carlo....Mastrototaro? Anthony DeLevo I know he had a nice big house out in Westfield. I heard a story that he shotgunned some black guy in broad daylight right on the sidewalk down in Hartford back in the 80's but I could never find anything on it. I don't know much about him besides whats on the net, and he owned a concession booth at the Big E and his sister in law was my teacher in junior high lol. My ex girlfriends moms boyfriend used to work for DeLevo's former driver, another greek guy named Alevras.

Last edited by southend; 06/26/13 08:07 AM.