Originally Posted By: Chicago
Joerusso, I agree with you 100% about the dope stuff. In Chicago it was always a big No No. I wanted to ask you if you know anything about the Genovese Crew that operated in Springfield, Ma. There were some brothers named Scibelli. The Boss of the Crew was called Ski. Later, a guy named Al Bruno became Boss of the Crew because Ski went to prison. Bruno was a Sicilian Immigrant. Was Al Bruno a Zip sent over to America from Sicily to be on the receiving end of the Heroin or was he an actual made guy in the Genovese Family? He got killed later. Is the crew still active?

When Sam Cufari died my my late uncle succeeded him as the capo over Springfield/western Massachusetts, Skyball Scibelli. He had two brothers, Albert and Anthony aka Baba and Turk.Al Bruno was Skyballs protege, and yes he was born in Italy but not Sicily. He lived in my hometown right outside of Springfield and in my town most Italians (like Bruno) families came from Bracigliano, not far from Napoli, including my own father's side of the family. When I was a kid and my father talked to me about our uncle Frank, Skyball, that's when I became so infatuated with this stuff. One thing that's virtually unknown outside of Adolfo Brunos own family and close friends is that he actually had a brother who was murdered in Italy by a shotgun blast, from what his nephew told me was over some bullshit reason.