Originally Posted By: mulberry
i would be surprised as they are not that old and have plenty of italian enclaves to recruit from.

i've always looked at competition as the biggest factor with regards to the downfall of the decalvacante's, a problem definitely not shared by most of the remaining families. while there is without a doubt a very large recruiting pool all over northern nj, the decalvacante's simply don't have, nor have they ever really had the manpower to maintain and recover their very limited rackets after suffering damage by way of law enforcement.

look what has happened since the last huge bust with them in '99/2000. even though they might have been able to somewhat stabilize, the ny families have gobbled up a significant share of their rackets. that along with the diminishing influence in the unions have really set them back. still, i think they will outlast detroit and possibly whats left of the outfit. i expect philly and NE to be the last families left outside of ny. with that said, northern nj will be one of the last areas in the US to have a major lcn presence, regardless od which family is running things.(smart money is the westside)

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!