“He was a genius. Anyone who saw him even in the smallest of his performances knows that. He is one of the greatest actors of this or any time. A great deal of that genius resided in those sad eyes. I remember telling him many times, ‘You don’t get it. You’re like Mozart.” There would be silence at the other end of the phone. For Deborah Lin, Michael and Liliana this is crushing. And it’s bad for the rest of the world. He wasn’t easy sometimes. But he was my partner, he was my brother in ways I can’t explain and never will be able to explain.”

- David Chase (Creator)

"I am shocked and devastated by Jim's passing. He was a man of tremendous depth and sensitivity, with a kindness and generosity beyond words. I consider myself very lucky to have spent 10 years as his close colleague. My heart goes out to his family as those of us in his pretend one hold on to the memories of our intense and beautiful time together. The love between Tony and Carmela was one of the greatest I've ever known.

- Edie Falco (Carmela)

"I had the greatest sparring partner in the world, I had Muhammad Ali," ... "He cares what he does, and does it extremely well. ‘We lost a giant today. I am utterly heartbroken."

- Lorraine Bracco (Dr. Melfi)

"Jimmy treated us all like family with a generosity, loyalty and compassion that is rare in this world. Working with him was a pleasure and a privilege. I will be forever grateful having had a friend the likes of Jimmy.

- Michael Imperioli (Chris)

"Fughedabout losing one of the best actors of our time... we lost so much more. Anyone from the Soprano family will tell you he was one of the most generous, real and humble human beings ever...with a presence that could shatter planets when he walked into a room. A King through n through. So very sorry for his family."

- Drea de Matteo (Adriana)

"The only image I had was standing and watching him, like watching the water flow. He was that easy, that focused, that real," ... "It wasn't like we were acting."

- Dominic Chianese (Uncle Junior)

"I've not only lost a great friend, but a true brother, on screen and off. James was the most generous actor to work with, but more so, a man with a heart of gold."

- Aida Turturro (Janice)

"Jimmy was one of my closest friends in life. He helped me with my career as well as my personal life," ... "We visited troops together in Iraq and became very close. He will be missed and I love him."

- Tony Sirico (Paulie)

"This is the loss of a glowing light, an instinctive actor and the type of person who you never got tired of talking to. Since 1998, my work with him grew into a second skin. The words in our scenes together would change but the mutual respect would never change."

- Vincent Curatola (Johnny Sac)

"We were enemies on screen, but pretty good friends off screen. Jim was a loving guy who just enjoyed life. It’s a sad and tragic thing that’s happened. I feel bad for his family. He always had something to say — you know how the guys are. It was a men’s club and everybody had a good time all the time. Jimmy was the perfect choice for Tony Soprano."

- Frank Vincent (Phil Leotardo)

"I have lost a brother and a best friend. The world has lost one of the greatest actors of all time. Maureen and I send our deepest sympathy and love to Deborah, Michael, Lily, and all of Jimmy's family."

- Steven Van Zandt (Silvio)

"He will now become even bigger in death than he was in life."

- Vincent Pastore (Big Pussy)

"I had to get up and leave. It was like being told a brother had died. Jimmy Gandolfini was as great a friend as he was an actor and a human being."

- Steve Schirripa (Bobby)

"I couldn’t have asked for any better actor or better gentleman to work with. His generosity was unmatched. He was always right there for me during the show. It was a head-spinning . . . experience for everyone, yet he always found the time for me and everyone on the cast."

- David Proval (Richie)

"Jimmy was very private. He didn’t like publicity, you know that. I loved him. We’re in shock."

- Joe Pantoliano (Ralph)

"James Gandolfini was one of the greatest actors of our time.... He was a really well-nuanced actor."

- Federico Castelluccio (Furio)

"Jimmy and I were not the closest of friends, but I am forever indebted to him. He came with his son and spoke at my wedding, came to my restaurant to meet fans sick as a dog in the rain and stayed for hours. He also said he would go in and talk to David Chase with me if I didn’t want to play my role on the show. Just a humble and gifted actor and person."

- Joseph Gannascoli (Vito)

"My heart is broken and my heart goes out to his family and his children. He was one of the most generous and supportive people I've ever known."

- John Ventimiglia (Artie)

"The news has left me heartbroken," ... "I can only imagine the pain his family feels at this time, and my heart goes out to them, especially Deborah, Michael, and Lilliana."

- Jamie Lynn Sigler (Meadow)

"I haven't cried in years and now I can't stop ... Please tell me this is all a bad dream ... I love you so much james and always will."

- Robert Iler (AJ)

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.