Originally Posted By: Chicago
Ivy, I agree with you. It does seem the Oufit is divided into two parts. The Southern part would be the 26th St. Crew, Cicero Crew & the Chicago Heights Crew ( I'm not sure if they are actually a crew anymore, during my father's day they most certainly were). The North would be Elmwood Park and Grand Ave. which is basically an extended part of Elmwood Park. The North basically has nothing to do with the South as far as I've seen and heard from others. I don't think there is much of any traditional rackets being run on the North side. The poker machine racket is on the South side. Sarno and Marcello are from the South side. Boy, the Outfit has sure changed from when I was growing up. I would agree that baised upon what you have stated and upon my own personal knowledge, The Outfit has about 10 more years before entire extinction. The New York 5 Families ( as bad of shape they are in) are ahead of the Chicago Outfit because of DiFronzo's pulling back from everything. It's almost like he may be a dry beefer. In other words, he may give information about the South side in order to be left alone. It's possible. He is a very crafty asshole like his mentor, Cerone. It was Carlisi and DiFronzo who carried out the orders from Auippa and Cerone to kill my father in 1987. Auippa and Cerone went to jail in 1986.

For the record, in 2007 the FBI said the Outfit had 4 remaining crews - North Side, Grand Avenue, Cicero, and the South Side. In 2011, one FBI official said the Outfit was "down to 2 or 3 crews." He didn't specify but I've wondered if those would be the the North Side, Cicero, and the South Side. As for DiFronzo, it's certainly interesting that he wasn't charged in the "Family Secrets" case. The feds have said they have two high-level Outfit members who have been giving info for 20-25+ years. I've wondered if DiFronzo and/or Andriacchi is one of them.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.