Originally Posted By: livelifenoregrets
Sorry If I'm all over the place...A lot has happened to support what I know...

I'm not making these things up and when I say they are dead because in the eyes of the mob they are dead. Of course people of Italian heritage are still organized together to commit illegal activities but they have completely burned themselves. They are not a representation of the Mafia. They have embarrassed the mafia time and time again. They are more like Italian street gangs not Italian Mafia and that is a big difference.

I got out of jail in the states in January. I had been smuggling and did 3 years for my part in the conspiracy. I worked for the Mafia and I associate in those circles, all my friends are criminals unfortunately I don't really have any real friends left. I was never big time in the sense that I had my own crew and I wasn't on the path to being made, I'm still a young guy and in Montreal you won't get significant clout until your 40's unless you have deep deep family connections. I made tons of cash though...A bad week was a 10, 000$ week, I bet you made guys in NY aren't even making that. I have left behind the life of crime as it had horrible effects on my family and I won't do that to them again. We all get caught no matter what. I speak about it now because I was caught so were all the guys I work with and I'm not releasing any info that already isn't known. I had state charges and while awaiting trial the indictment came down so they dropped the state charges, rearrested me and charged me federally. Now that you have some background you might value my opinion a little more. What I have been through is nothing to brag about and I won't mention it on here again.

All the Canadian guys think the NY families are a joke. They still have their own connection or 2 but they feel as they have over exposed the mob and don't know how to do real international business because they are so young now. They aren't the mob of the 70's and 80's. So many rats. The New York mafia isn't making a fraction of the money the Canadian mafia and in the underworld your power is gauged by your pockets. You can't make moves if you don't make money. The Ny mob has embarrassed themselves and they have young guys running their rackets which makes it sloppy. All the top guys in Canada and even the capos are 60 years old +. These guys have been in the game for 40-60 years. They have no respect for NY families, they have gone and fucked up so bad they weeded the use for them right out.

You are wrong about more drugs going south. Well, wrong in a sense. The only thing the New York mafia has to offer its Canadian counter parts is cocaine and weapons. Even then the Canadians have built direct connections to have cocaine at rock bottom prices regardless but they trade Canadian bud with American coke. Now the price of coke in Canada is between $40, 000 and $50, 000 a key. They trade lbs of bud that go for $2000 a lb here for the coke in NY. Wholesale price on bud in New York is about $4000 a lb for AAA on like an order of 100 lbs for example. They will take that bud and trade for keys in the low 20's. The New York guys aren't making much on the keys of blow as by the time it gets to NEw York from Mexico its been raised in price. So you have the Canadians making %100 profit on their bud but getting their coke at half price...Do the math...We use to bring in 400-600 lbs of budd a week. I use to bring a duffle bag of at least $200k to my boss a week. Not to mention the hash and pills all go from Canada to the USA. A lot of heroin is also gone in through the Montreal docks and straight to the USA. The Canadian mafia aside from this current war has kept a very low profile and there has not been a big time snitch. The only real rat was a hitman who worked for the Cotronis in the early 90's and even then it wasn't a big deal. The Italians in Italy see this and recognize this. The laws are a lot more lax, its easier to launder cash and you have old timers with the old values in them. Since 9/11 the States has relied on Canada even more for drugs of all kinds. The US has the international waters on lockdown surrounding them and its so much easier to bring it in from the port of Halifax, Montreal, Ontario, etc then through the very lax borders by foot/boat and in to the USA. We had maybe 1% if that of our loads get busted.

So don't take it so literal when I say they are dead. By Mafia standards they are a disgrace and they are not true mafia. They don't have it anymore. its not to say they won't make a comeback. I think they will but its going to take a lot of guys to grow up and not get caught in a 25 year sentence.

Look up articles, etc by Antonio Nicaso. he mentions that Italian Mafioso refer to Canada as "America" now and the Canadian mafia has expanded their global reach far beyond that of their American counter parts.

And please do you really believe anything the FBI says? When they need funding they make a press statement...Lets be real here guys its obvious the NY mafia does not have what they use to.

I'm not disagreeing with what you said because i don't have a clue about Canada and all that you said may be true, but the vast majority of NY capos are 60+ the only ones i can think of that are younger off the top of my head are Carmine Sciandra,Barney Bellomo,Vinny tv and Frank Cali.