Not really a book, and I don't want to start another political thread, but speaking of JFK, I don't know what year this came out but had it saved to my favorites. Pictures of JFK 60 campaign. Those around my age will remember the campaign signs, candidates traveling by train. Pics of JFK sitting on back of open convertible (ie pic 15). I've said it before but I am proud to say I saw him during that campaign travel pass my school (in open convertible...little did we know).

I can not believe it will be 50 years this November. For whatever reason, the JFK assassination has and will always be a memory I'll never forget. A memory of a generation. frown I can almost recite what I did from the moment of hearing the announcement thru the funeral. Then, to add to the shock/grief, JFK was killed on Friday and Sunday we see Oswald killed on live tv. uhwhat What a shocker that was. Nobody would have ever thought any of this was possible.

TIS

http://life.time.com/icons/jfks-1960-campaign-rare-photos-photos/?iid=lb-gal-viewagn#1

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon