Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: Skinny
Look im not saying the charts are right. They are not. Going off that chart ive seen for chicago (it was blue had a ton of little boxes and pictures), i think 40 made guys sounds reasonable to me. Ive seen ivys charts. Every single one ive seen are wrong. The administration for every chart he has for philly, NJ, 5 families is wrong. Hes missing captains, soldiers, etc. Not that fbi has it wrong, its just the FBI doesnt release yearly charts and status updates, he just goes on whatever he can find, and hes done a good job. But it should be looked at as raw data not fact. Sorry for the rude comment ive edited it out

First, they're not really my charts. They mainly come from the work of another poster, who is well known as the foremost "chart guy" on these forums. But one can only keep them up to date as much as possible, i.e. according to the latest public info. Nobody has ever claimed they are 100% accurate. I would say they are more accurate than not, however. So, to say they're not 100% accurate would be appropriate. To say "they're wrong" isn't.

Also, I don't know why you're saying the administrations are wrong. Let's go down the list here. Genovese family? That's obviously a tough one but the last public info were those small news blurbs in 2009 and 2010. The Gambino administration of Cefalu, Cali, and Vernace is public record. It hasn't been released who the Lucchese underboss is but we do know that Crea is the boss and Caridi was the last known consigliere. Colombos? Persico will obviously be boss until he dies. Franzese was the last known underboss but maybe that's changed since he's likely to die in prison. We know Montemerano is acting underboss. And Fuso is the consigliere. Bonannos? It was recently revealed in a Gang Land News article that the family is being led by a ruling panel of Rabito, Asaro, and DiFiore.

New Jersey? Riggi is obviously still the boss and Miranda the last known underboss. Not sure about consigiliere. New England? The only position known for sure is that Carmen DiNunzio is consigliere. Not sure about the rest of the administration. Philadelphia? It's obviously now known that Merlino is boss. Ligambi was identified as underboss/acting boss in the indictment. And, if I remember right, Mazzone was identified as consigliere at one point; but also may be the acting boss right now. [b]Chicago? Whether there is still a traditional administration is unclear. In recent years the family has been run by acting boss, i.e. Marcello and Sarno. The membership has been well documented by the FBI - around 30 at most. If people want to inflate that total, so they can sleep better at night, that's their problem[/b].

Anyway, Skinny, if you want to add your 2 cents to the charts, that would be much appreciated. But you need to do more than just say, "They're wrong." You've got to specify what you think is wrong, as well as what you believe the real info is. Simply saying, "They're wrong," while holding to some internet code of Omerta, isn't going to fly.

chicago ain't ever had a traditional mafia administration

chicago has been run by "acting bosses" since the 1940s