Hello from Sweden, thanks for a very entertaining and educational website. I stayed at the near northside, Chicago for six months couple years ago = old territory of The North Side Gang. Read a lot of books about the main players; O'Banion, Weiss, Moran but I have never come across any numbers regarding this gang?
I know they were less organized compared to the Capone Gang and (of course) hade nothing of the future LCN structure (from 1931 and onward) but they must have had resonable numbers to control such a big area as the entire Northside?

Furthermore, I visited (speeded through by car whistle)Cabrini Green, this was before they demolished it. This area was earlier known as Little Hell and before that they called it Swede Town. The swedes were a pretty large immigrant group in Chicago back then even if they by the time of prohibition had migrated up to Andersonville and such places. But the swedes never had any influence on OC despite their large numbers, especially on the Northside. Were there any known scandinavian influence in the North Side Gang or was it entierly irish/polack as the books says (I know Bugs Moran was of french heritage)? With Chicago being the second largest Swedish city in the world at that time (only Stockholm had more swedish borns) one imagines that this should reflect on OC activity as well, but I found nothing.