Originally Posted By: Skinny
What does steve mazzone control? 3 slot machines in the back of a bar in south philly? Fuck bobby manna from prison has more juice than any guy in philly or chicago

LOL! Well maybe a few more then 3 machines but i get your point and your right. The South Philly mob really has no juice outside of south philly and maybe parts of South Jersey in sections where alot of people from philly have moved. But they have no real pull outside of south philly. No unions etc like Scarfo and Bruno had.

I can't think of a really big earner in the family and i wouldn't be surprised if the fattest envelope Ligambi got was from Licata and the North Jersey crew. They killed their last huge earner and that was Long John when he was on the street. Say what you want about Martorano but he made money in his sleep. Nobody like that around these days as far as i know.

I'm not getting into this Chicago-Ny debate going on but i find it hard to believe Chicago doesn't dwarf philly in earnings and overall clout. I've seen people say chicago, NE and Philly are in the same boat but i think chicago has more going for it then both of those other families. Just my opinion.