Originally Posted By: ThePolakVet
Like you know what happens when little 16 year old kids living in a mob neighborhood would see a movie of the mob earning millions and nothing bad happening? NY five families would have now a double sized membership than it has now.

I follow what your saying, PV. But having grown up in a heavily mobbed up area (born in 1959, Belmont, the Bronx), it's been my observation that the kids who grew up outside these neighorhoods were the ones most influenced by the movies.

If you grew up where and when I did, you saw the real thing up close and personal every day of your life. So you knew what a lot of these guys were really like. Once you've witnessed a bunch of goons throw a black guy off a roof during the Saint Anthony feast (true story), just for having the nerve to walk the block, the image of Don Corleone in a tuxedo just doesn't fly anymore.

What I'm basically saying is that it was the kids who grew up in places like Westchester and Long Island who were more prone to adopt a romantacized view after watching a Coppola or Scorsese film.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.