Originally Posted By: elmwoodparker
Since you don't live in Chicago or really know about the Outfit other than incomplete F.B.I. Reports, you would have no idea about attrition. The Outfit has actually become more old school than ever before and the new prospective men are people related by blood or marriage and are involved in white collar activity more and more every passing year. Your statements about attrition do not apply to Chicago because they have purposely gone a different direction. If you think it was hard to get made years ago in Chicago, it's even more difficult now. Attrition has very little if nothing to do with it.

Same bullshit, different thread. And your bullshit isn't even original. You're like the 5th or 6th Chicago poster to come on this forum alone saying "You can't know anything about the Outfit unless you live here." It's such nonsense. I don't care who you are. 99% of everything any of us need to know, and do know, comes from the same public sources we all read.

Yes, the Outfit has intentionally downsized to maintain a lower profile, but if you think attrition isn't also a factor in that, you're living in fantasy land. Attrition is the #1 factor that has affected all the families, including Chicago. And if you look at the Outfit cases over the past decade, the standard mob rackets continue to be their bread and butter; at least the Melrose Park and South Side crews. The North Side is obviously more legit.

Originally Posted By: elmwoodparker
And you're not biased towards New York? Watch Donnie Brasco Movie and you'll see how made guys really live in New York and how much they earn. You need a dose of reality about New York. And, too top it off, that was in the late 1970's when things were still good! Imagine how it is now in 2013. The Godfather is not New York in reality, Donnie Brasco is New York in reality.

That you have to reference mob movies to make your point says it all. And you're the guy who was claiming the Outfit is the real life Corleone family. rolleyes

Originally Posted By: Skinny
I appreciate the guys from CT and boston. Even philly guys. Right now we have two outfit guys that have said dick as far as inside knowledge goes. If they werent such stuck up pricks that slam any other city but chicago. These guys will come on a ny thread and say "Oh boy, look at NY, all these rats! Wouldnt happen in chicago." Its fucking annoying. These guys know as much about rocket science as they do chicago outfit.

Now you see what I've been dealing with for years now. While it's not all of them, there's just something about a lot of these Chicago guys. I've never been able to figure it out.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.