Originally Posted By: Scorsese
Originally Posted By: Crazy_Casso
The mob kept gangs off the streets. Las Vegas was safer, thats a fact.

Atleast with the mafia running things, you didn't have to worry about getting shot, or somebody shooting your kid walking home from school. These street gangs are fucking pathetic.

Really? is this a fact? can you give me an actual documented example of how they kept gangs off the street in vegas?

For fucks sake, we're talking in a thread titled "Street gangs growing, evolving in las vegas." Ask anybody who visited las vegas, or even lived there during the mafia reign. It was safer. Now I'm not going to pull some stupid numbers out of my ass, you could research yourself if you want.

Vegas never had a huge crime problem, except for the hole in the wall gang, but we're talking about gangs like the MS-13.

I thought it was common sense that since the mafia has been declining, more ruthless street gangs have emerged in their place. Which is not a good thing.

They kept petty criminals and gangs off the street the same way the outfit did. They made it clear that no petty criminals or gangs would be tolerated in the cash cow city of vegas, it would scare tourists away, and that would mean loss of money.

Last edited by Crazy_Casso; 05/30/13 08:56 PM.