Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

Really? I also thought Zero Dark Thirty was a great film. Cant say the same about A Good Day to Die Hard which I dont even plan on seeing at all cause it looks horrible to me.

I must agree with Capo on AGDTDH, what a piece of shit. I know he's a fan of the original classic DIE HARD (greatest action movie ever?) and liked #4 (not sure about #2 and 3), and I'm sure he hated AGDTDH for many of the same reasons I did. Pure embrace of the chaos and disorder that is post-action filmmaking. What happened to that franchise's trademark pacing and humor? (Nevermind that this is yet another movie set in Russia involving Chernobyl. Other bad things happened in Russia since then, Hollywood.)

I'm sure he despised ZD30 because of the torture debate. I do know he despised Ben Affleck's ARGO because he argued it was propaganda to for the U.S. to bomb Iran. (Which is nonsense but if that was the case, it failed to do its job.)

Speaking of action films, I caught FAST & FURIOUS 6 last weekend. Since #3 (TOKYO DRIFT), that series has had the same director and those pictures have gotten faster, bigger, and more entertaining as they went along. This is a great cartoon action movie, and that's not meant as a backhanded compliment at all. Solid ensemble piece that utilizes its cast, good sense of humor, and dumber I'm certain than both IRON MAN 3 and the new STAR TREK picture combined.

Here's a link to my full length review, but overall I'll say that no matter how idiotic the movie becomes, I admire how in this era of rampant CGI spectacle, director Lin and his team try to pull off these action setpieces as much as possible with real stunt drivers and real cars and real wrecks. Even when the movie goes the most absurd, Lin thankfully has a tongue & cheek sense of humor giving you permission to laugh. Not to mention (for the most part at least) the car sequences are captured with clairty by non-shakey cameras.

Suck it Michael Bay.

My review for FAST & FURIOUS 6

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 05/30/13 07:04 PM.