So I bought the re-issued this week WINGS OVER AMERICA, the remastered 1976 concert album (originally 3 LPs uhwhat) which was interesting. These days Paul McCartney's concerts are pretty much Beatles Greatest Hits shows but back in the day when still one of the biggest pop stars on the planet, he only played 4-5 Beatles songs and "Hey Jude" wasn't of them. (That's hard for me especially to fathom.) Its odd how much more free of his Fab Four legacy he was back then, the crowd having no problems with him playing Wings hits and deep cuts. Now at a Paul concert, you're lucky to get a non-BAND ON THE RUN/"Live and Let Die" Wings track.

Also notable how much he surprisingly actually lets others in his group take over for vocals on non-Paul tracks. (Hell they cover a Paul Simon song!) The crowd probably used these songs as an excuse to take a piss break (or knowing the times, weed break) but I dig this.

Weirdly enough I paid $13 for this new CD. Apparently according to old timers around back in '76 on a Beatles message board I frequent, that was the same original price for the WOA LP (which I'm sure cost a fortune* back then.) I just find that hilarious for some reason.

*=Expensive back then yet it still sold 4 million copies.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 05/28/13 11:04 PM.