On one hand, it is hard to hold it against them. Everyone constantly acts in their self-interest- they entered the life for self-interest (and not any honor codes or vows) and they exited the life due to self-interest. When it suits them they will be stand-up and get back into the life and when they are facing a lifetime they might as well just get out. Doesn't make it right, just or fair- it's reality.

On the other hand, I absolutely hate when they pretend they had to rat or write books to "speak out against the mob" or had a moral obligation to leave the life. Bullshit. These rats are all almost all sociopaths have zero empathy for the victims or the crimes they committed. They got out when it suited them- otherwise they would have left in the prime of their crime life to preach or whatever.

I also wish they would just be honest, kinda like Ron sometimes, say I left the life because I was facing a shiton of time. It was an easy way out.

Fucks like Sammy, even with ratting, should have got 50 years for their serial killer like crimes. As you can see with Sammy, they will just return to another form of human predation after pretending to be "reformed".

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here