Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
Originally Posted By: Lilo
It's great writing but I hate how we're seeing some of Jaime's redemption. I'm not sure you can be redeemed from sleeping with your sister and trying to kill a kid but it's a very gray world.. shhh

He did say "you can't choose who you love" to Brienne. And also told her to kill the guy that saw them, had she done that, they wouldn't have gone through what they did. He has his own set of morals. He is a practical man, not necessarily moral, but he isn't downright evil to need redemption. This is how he has always been. Doing the right thing when it doesn't cost him much, but his safety and that of those he cares about come before any other sense of morality.

Interesting take. I may be biased since I am a Stark fan but shouldn't Jaime have tried a different solution than throwing Bran out of the window? And once his sister got married wasn't it selfish to continue things with her?

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.