Originally Posted By: fathersson
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Prager university? Are you kidding me? Next thing you're going to post a video from patriot bible university talking about the evils of homosexuality rolleyes

Never mind the name of the place it came from...That is a cheap shot,

Tell us what do you disagree with within the piece?

My basic disagreement is that you don't need religion to have a moral society. Religion does not belong in public schools, nor does it need to be in politics. As far as going to church and choosing a religion that is a right every American has. But I think it's a bit too far to say America is a "Christian nation". If we are a Christian nation than we would follow everything the bible and god says. This would include genocide, stoning our children, and all sorts of random rules that dont belong in a modern society. Our government structure and rights are more based on England's magna carta and the enlightenment than Christianity. Religion has been used to commit atrocities and crimes for decades. Iran lives under religious law, ask them how they're doing.

I don't object to Christianity, nor people who follow it. My objection is people who carry it to the extreme and use it to manipulate and hurt others. I say this meaning every word: religion has nothing to do with this so called fictitious decline in American society and values. If Christianity were used as a foundation for political decisions and in the business world we'd be back in the dark ages

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone