Original geschrieben von: IvyLeague

What they knew is that there shouldn't be a state religion (i.e. like the Church of England). Not that there should actually be a "wall" or "separation" of church and state.

We don't know what they really thought. Of course, they had no idea of modern American society. So they referred to what they knew. At their times there were only 1.6 % Catholics. Few Jews. And I wonder if you could find a Muslim, a Buddhist. Atheists were rare.
Eastman fails to prove the point that the founding fathers did not want a separation between church and state. There are only few documents. Jefferson's letter is just one.

Antwort auf:
What the Constitution actually says, as written by those who actually wrote it, is what matters. Not necessarily what future judges think. I'm not sure what you mean by "the illustration of a Christian church is just propaganda," but this nation has always been a Christian nation in the sense that most of it's citizens have always been Christian.

The Constitution is more than its words. It has to be interpreted. That's why there's a Supreme Court. Anyway, Eastman is the one who quotes a "future judge".
What I mean by "the illustration of a Christian Church" is the illustration in the video. True, the majority have been Christian. What if that changes one day?

Antwort auf:
And what do you do with atheists? Aren't they part of the American people?

Nobody is forcing them to believe or worship. But that doesn't mean they're free from being surrounded by religion or believing the false notion that there is a "wall" or "separation" between church and state.

Antwort auf:
Antwort auf:
- What does bad behavior in school have to do with decline of religion?

It's one example of the decline of mores in society, which has coincided with the decline in religious observance.

Even if there's a coincidence of the two. I don't see why one thing has to do with the other.
And what do you say about his lie about the crime rates?