Originally Posted By: JerseyShine
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: JerseyShine
Just thought I would share these nuggets and let you know there is a lot more to come.

But to what end?

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree that Carlo was a lousy writer, and I post as much almost every time his name comes up here. But Carlo's being a hack does nothing to absolve Pitera of his crimes. He's a multiple murderer and he belongs exactly where he is. If he believes he's getting out one day, good for him. But a lot of lifers convince themselves of that very thing just to help them cope.

The truth is, when it comes to getting his conviction thrown out, Pitera has about the same odds as Charles Manson (who killed fewer people, by the way).

But if there's "more to come" simply because you want to continue to discredit Carlo, go ahead. I thought the guy was a no talent hack. But he's dead, so I don't want to pile on.

You raise a good point, and I myself have said on this board before that none of this makes Tommy a saint by any means. However there is a lot of lies about there, and since this is an OC discussion board it seems worthwhile to try to discover some bits of truth about a well known figure.

Also, there was a ton of corruption involved with DEA Unit 33, again does not mean Tommy is a choir boy but it is worth while to bring up the dirty tactics the government used against him. Tommy being guilty, and the feds being dirty are not mutually exclusive.

Put it another way, most people would say the Boston branch of the Patriarca Family was guilty of all sorts of crimes, doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss all the shady things the FBI with Bulger and Flemmi to put them into prison.

Anyway, nice change of pace I would think from the speculation, and NY tabloid articles that often fill these boards.

both raise good points if pitera was alone with his crew, without the help from the dea unit 33 or nypd than that means he must having dealing on FB (ok bad example).