Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Organized crime in Russia has been weakened, at least somewhat, in recent years. The system under Putin is not like it was back in the 1990's.

I hope it really is like you are saying, but as far as I know, many crime groups are considered not active anymore NOT because the leaders have been imprisoned, but only because they are considered "to have gone legit", and this isn't always the case. Many crime bosses have been killed, but nobody of the ones who have national or international power has been punished through the law. The only one is Vladimir Kumarin (head of the Tambovsakya group), and that's only because some underlings of his tried to extort somebody who was friends with the governor who sent a complaint to Putin. Most of the others who went to jail are just local bosses who don't control more than one region. The only exception apart from Kumarin I can think of is the thief-in-law Tariel Oniani, the main rival of the killed Grandpa Hasan (Aslan Usoyan).

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."