Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Originally Posted By: Strax

I would say 50-100 people not more(Ndrangheta)but you have 'Ndrangheta cells in other countries that have about 5-10 people and they report to Calabria,but you also have families that have grown such as case in Canada and Australia and they became independent.

50-100??? The 'ndrangheta has thousands as a whole, and there are clans like the Piromalli who have about 500 made members (don't remember the source, but I can try to find it) and an unknown number of associates.

I think he meant per clan, which makes more sense. Well according to the FBI , all of the Italian mobs put together have 25 000 core members and 250 000 affiliates however this is obviously very rough as it is hard to get a decent figure . I'd imagine the Mexican cartels and those afilkyated to them would be similar . Also conferescenti estimates the mafia at around 100 billion euros and I've seen figures at about 50 billion dollars for the Mexicans, like I said these figures are all guesses, nobody truly knows.

However I do think that the Russian or former so ite groups are exaggerated a little , sure they're major players, but people tend to over caution them I think. I would imagine Balkan organized crime is more powerful or pervasive than some Russian groups, eg the Albanians.

Tony Soprano : I thought I told you to back off Beansie!

Richie Aprile : I did, Then I put it in drive..