I see these blood/crip and other low level street gangs as little kids without brains. They're shooting each other for no absolute reason and that's pretty wrong. Currently I think it's all the drug game that runs it.

If we speak about power. Gangs got number, but quality goes over quantity. I think that an Italian or Russian mob if they needed to get rid of a gang would just crush them over with tactics and professionalism. Like what can a 15 year old kid with a pistol that he barely holds in his hands do against a 25 year old Russian who's straight out of the army also with a gun. I guess it's only a miracle if the youngster would kill the Russian in this situation.

Prison is a different place, it's the inside. There are different rules than on the outside. If I was a powerful mobster, then best way to make my way in prison beef is to manipulate with the enemy by touching his family. Just like tha Mexican Mafia did to tax all those streetgangs.

In Russia, I can say an example how inside prison turned on mobsters. Almost everyone has heard of Alexander Solonik. His gangs - Kurganskaya three leaders were leading their hitman brigade. On the outside they were big bosses and influental. They were responsible even for killing Thieves in Law. Well when they got in prison, who runs the prison? Thieves in Law. So all of them got beaten to death on the inside.