There was no 'order' to have John Gotti fucked up in prison. He just abused the wrong guy and paid for it.

As for Jeff Fort... some syndicate people were known to have crooked cops pick people off the street and deliver them to their deaths. Like Casso did with Jimmy Hydell.

What was Jeff Fort going to do if one night some cops pulled him over for a traffic violation, and the next thing he knows he's getting the blowtorch treatment?
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

I doubt he had 300 shooters. Carrying a gun with your pants hanging down by your ass doesn't make you a shooter

Pretty much. There are shooters and there are shooters. Some are professionals. And some are the type that spray a Mac-10 in a drive-by and hit women or children instead of their intended target.
I don't know which type Jeff Fort had, but I know which type Chicago had...

Look, the mob was never all-powerful, everyone with half a brain knows that. But in its prime it was the most powerful crime organization the US has ever seen or ever will see. Trying to rewrite history and make it seem like they could have been bullied by street gangs won't change that.