Guys, I'd recommend slowing down on saying who was who in the early years of the Outfit. I've been researching this for over 20 years, know a bunch of Outfit relatives and insiders and can tell you that there are conflicting stories about who ran the Outfit in the 1930s and 40s. The consensus is that Al Capone ran it from 1925 to 1931/32, but after that there's confusion. Traditionally most think the top spot went to Frank Nitto, but there are many good sources who say that Ricca was the top boss, and there's a minority position who says it was Louis Campagna. I tend to go with Ricca and Campagna. Accardo was the Outfit boss from around 1947 to 1956, then Giancana, however the guy ultimately in charge was Ricca. I also found out that the Chicago Outfit isn't set up the same as other crime families: each crew is almost like its own Family and the most powerful one is in charge. Ricca, Campagna and Giancana were all part of the Taylor Street Crew and Accardo and Cerone with the old Grand Avenue/Elmwood Park one. After Ricca died the power went to Cicero (where Aiuppa was from), then back to Elmwood Park. Taylor Street was also broken up to 26th Street/Chinatown and Grand Avenue (different from old Grand Avenue) to dilute its power.