Originally Posted By: olivant

Female Catholic priest ordained in Kentucky (controversy expected)

.... [Source]

Apparently this didn't make the News, so, what's the source? tongue wink

While I have witnessed some damn good women preachers in my life (okay, one comes to mind)... she wasn't Catholic. But I don't think that matters. A good preacher is a good preacher, it shouldn't matter if it's a (male) Priest or a (female) Preacher. Anyone can spread the Word and make a positive impact on someone.

This reminds me of the BSA (Boy Scouts of America) "rule" of discrimination against gays.

BSA says "no" (although I think that's gonna change soon), but they've said "no" for 100 years... and the Catholic Church has said "no" for 2000 years...

Right/wrong? That's a separate debate.

They're both practically-Political organizations that have their rules, and, you can either abide by their rules or not. No one's forced into the Church any more than they're forced into Scouting.

Do *I* have a problem with women priests or gay scouts or scoutmasters? Not really. But my (or your) opinion doesn't matter; the organizations have their rules, and we can agree or disagree, but that's that.

Rules change for the better or worse. We just have to see what happens....

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations