To answer your questions:
1. The DMI have been veering in a more white supremacist direction as of late. Back in 2009 their was a inter-gang conflict between the members who wanted to go into a whites only direction versus members who wanted a mixed gang. At a point the gang was letting in African Americans and other non-Caucasians. By 2010 the problem was apparently solved. The old school leaders such as Perry Roark (AKA Saho The Ghost) and James Sweeney have been given federal life terms and neither have much of a role in the gang at this point. I wouldn't call the DMI a white supremacist gang yet, but in all actuality it's only a matter of time.

2. Neighborhood crews are still prevalent, because Baltimore, as it always has, likes to go against the grain organized crime wise. That being said, the role of the crew and kingpin is more and more diminished. It's much easier for people to join gangs that give better flexibility than to align with a small crew from the block. The last big kingpin I can think of is Steven Blackwell. http://www.fbi.gov/baltimore/press-relea...ring-conspiracy

3. In terms of affiliation with west coast groups that's a bit of a toss up. The Bloods in Baltimore are decendents of the Bloods from New Jersey (Started by OG Mack) and those bloods never had any West Coast affiliation. But at the same time, not to long ago a west coast representative of the Bloods was called over to come and shape up a local crew, later being captured and convicted for his crimes. So it's yes and no, but as a whole, most Blood groups are in name only, and have little to no West Coast connection.

As for the Bounty Hunters, they are more prevalent in southern MD, like PG County, and parts of Northern Virginia, but I threw them in anyways because they do have something of a presence locally. If you'd like to know more about the Bloods in Maryland I did write a decent paper on the subject a year back, I'd be happy to share it.

The name is forgettable, I hope the posts are not.