AN IRISHMAN has spoken of his shock after the world's most want-ed terrorist was arrested following a fierce gun battle - in his next door neighbour's garden.

Brendan Toye, from Carrigart in Donegal, lives in the house next door to 67 Franklin Street, where Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was captured after one of the most dramatic manhunts in US history. Hiding Brendan was holed up inside his home with his wife and nine-month-old baby as part of a massive city lockdown when hundreds of armed cops descended on his neighbour David Henneberry's back yard, where the 19- year-old Boston marathon bomber suspect was hiding in a boat. The 33-year-old carpenter revealed his shock at being told the terror suspect was in his neigh-bour's garden. "We had been watching TV and we knew the bomber was in the area somewhere, but we thought he was miles away," he said.

"The last thing we expected was to get a knock on the door saying he was next door to us." An armed cop, who was wearing a bullet-proof vest, calmly took Brendan's son and told them to get out of the house immediately. The policeman told Brendan they were not sure if the house next door or the boat had been booby-trapped or the bomber was carrying explosives. "I have to say I was shaking a little and toy wife was absolutely terrified," said Brendan. "For all we knew the house could have been

HORAN'S COUSIN KNEW BOMBER

SINGER Niall Horan's cousin Katie was a univer-sity colleague of bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and he lived on the floor beneath her, the Sunday World can reveal. 'N/Fellow students on the MI Dartmouth campus of the University of Massachusetts had no clue that the teen they knew as a keen sports star and social animal was a cold-blood-ed killer in their midst. =In a series of tweets as the drama unfolded, Katie Horan wrote: "I can't believe I know him. This is absolutely insane... This is crazy.blown up at any stage. It was surreal. We went into a neighbour's house and we stayed there.

" The Donegal man, who moved to America 12 years ago, then said he heard rapid gunfire about 15 minutes later followed by a serious of controlled explosions. He said they then heard loud applause after people realised the bomber had been caught. As he was going back to his house Brendan then caught sight of the suspect being removed in an ambulance. "He was covered in bandages and was moving so we knew he wasn't dead," he said.Someone is at gunpoint at my school? There are literally 9,000 cops out... Still shocked that this was the bomber and he lived on the floor above me." Another student said: "He Mlwas just so calm and relaxed. It's unimaginable he could commit such an atrocity." "This is such a quiet area and this won't put us off living in the area.

Trust an Irishman to be living next door to all this commotion," he said. For two hours Brendan - who has lived in Boston for 10 years - looked on as Black Hawk helicopters and SWAT teams swarmed the quiet suburban street where he lives with his wife Lori and their nine-month old baby son. Armoured He even telephoned his family in Donegal to tell them what was happening and joke that he couldn't get out for supplies for the baby. As well as hundreds of officers from the Boston PD and state police, there were SWAT teams and FBI and ATF agents armed to the teeth on the scene. They were backed up by armoured cars and black hawk helicopters. As the terrifying drama unfolded, Brendan phoned his family in Ireland to tell them what was happening on his street. His sister Laura, who lives in Donegal, said: "It was surreal as we got a lot of the news yesterday before it was reported on TV. It's been a sad week, but at least there is some relief that both suspects have now been accounted for"