yes, pizzaboy-- it's in "Unfinished Business" (but not "Donnie Brasco") that Jilly was whacked at the light while under indictment. The hit is correct but I wonder about that indictment.

It's researchable, of course, but not on any legal or newpaper archive I've seen so I don't know if it was state or fed, Brooklyn/Eastern District (most likely) or Manhattan/Southern District (possible)?

also, if one follows even the known Colombo trials/hits of 1979-1980, it's very possible Greca was whacked just because of all the Persico/Scarpa shit going down then. Seems weird to me Pistone doesn't say WHAT Jilly was nailed for or by whom.

re: the $500,000 on Pistone's head, sounds like bullshit to me too ALTHOUGH... it does seem possible that a FBI informant ** said ** that either to a) just keep his mouth moving or b) to fuck with Pistone, since they knew that was the only real "revenge" they'd get.

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: conopizza
"Unfinished Business" is worth reading but parts of it are half-assed, like he didn't even bother to research his own work (like when, and by whom, was Jilly Greca indicted)

Jilly Greca was murdered in a drive by while waiting at a traffic light in 1980, so there's no telling if he would have been indicted in the Donnie Brasco cases.

Last edited by conopizza; 04/16/13 06:30 PM.