Originally Posted By: ThePolakVet
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Depends where you go. Towns like Coral Gables, Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Naples and Marco Island have some of the highest property values in the United States. Then again, some parts of Central Florida have some of the lowest. But I do suspect that those snails came into the country from somewhere in the so-called "third world." Most likely somewhere in South America.

What about Orlando? I'm more or less looking to live there when I move to the U.S., at least for the time to get settled.

Orlando is a mixed bag. First of all, it goes without saying that it's very touristy because of Disney. But that doesn't mean that it isn't a nice place to live. My nephew moved there a few years ago when he graduated and he loves it. Just keep in mind that the rest of Orange County can get pretty boring. But that isn't always a bad thing. Depends what you're looking for. Windermere is only about ten miles outside of Orlando and it's consistenly voted one of the nicest small towns in America. Nearby Kissimmee is also pretty popular nowadays. If you want to be in Central Florida but live closer to the beach, try Melbourne or Cocoa Beach. My wife and I live in Florida for about four months a year, but much further south in Delray Beach. Hope this helps smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.