Originally Posted By: 22
One thing you have to admit its not like these were back room deals between lawyers and judges or whatever.Like Merlino did say himself he faced the jury on numerous occasions and one time would have been all it would have taken for them to say guilty instead of not-proven and then he would be away for life.When somebody said they would be away for life for committing a murder,that's probably because any witness would most likely have some sort of credibility but the witness's the feds are putting on the stand to testify to these murders are just not believeable according to the jury.Merlino has had guys like Ralph Natale and Tommy Scafidi.You remember the famous line when the judge asked Scafidi what year he graduated high school and he said ''my senior your honor.''That says it all.

I don't blame the jurors, if they say the witnesses were not credible, it was probably so. But that doesn't he mean we have to blindly believe he didn't do it just because of that, so if the law enforcement doesn't want to leave him alone and maybe wants to find better proof of his old crimes I can't blame them either.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 04/14/13 10:54 AM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."