Originally Posted By: klydon1
Originally Posted By: BAM_233
Astros might be building up. I doubt the owner is going to be like the asshole who owns the Miami Marlins. Then again you won't know for awhile what kind of owner he is.
Unfortunately, the Astros have missed badly on talent evaluation for several years. But I understand that while their farm system doesn't exactly stand out, it's been better than it has been for some years now. gina could enlighten us more there.
Unfortunately I don't keep up with the minor league system as much as I should, but I know a few of our big guys there are ranked well: Carlos Correa, Jonathan Singleton, and George Springer. All the trades we've been making lately were supposed to be with the intention of building up for the future, so I guess time will tell.

My favorite news story of late was when our owner told fans to write him a check if they were going to keep complaining about the payroll. I'm actually totally for the patient approach, and it wouldn't be sensible to hold onto big-salary guys when we're not considered contenders, but his PR approach is ridiculous. lol